Publishing a OpenCities Planner project creates a web link that anyone on the internet can access. Here’s what you need to know to get started with Publishing.
Before we begin, you must determine if your account has Publishing rights.
To quickly check, look for the Publish button in the Top Bar. If it’s greyed out, you’ll need to contact Agency9 or your Organisation’s Administrator about upgrading.
It is critical to understand Access Settings if you plan to publish. There are four options which determine who is able to view your project.
Only items which are set to Public will be visible on the published link.
Every Little Step
Finally, here are instructions you need to follow in order to publish your project.
- Review Access Settings – In Object Manager, check that the Access settings reflect your intentions. Everything you want to be seen needs to be set to Public. Toggle to the circle icon.
Note: changing a parent’s setting will affect all of it’s children.
- Open the Publish Window – It’s not greyed out, so you can open it!
- Set to Publish & Save
Well done, your project is now live on the world wide web.
Sharing is Caring
Once your project is published, you can easily modify the web address as well as Visit, Share, and Embed it.
- Web Address – In this section, you can modify the published URL visitors will use to access your project. Don’t forget to save, there’s a shortcut Save button right here in this section.
- Visit – Click the Visit button to quickly review the live site.
- Share Link – Copy the link from the Web Address section and paste it wherever yo’d like.
- Embed Code – Copy the Embed Code if you want to install the published OpenCities Planner project in another website.