Use the Export Screenshot tool to create clean image files for digital and print
Exporting the Scene
One can create browser screenshots in a number of different ways, however OpenCities Planner’s Export Screenshot tool has a few specific advantages. Let’s review them!
- You can export at increased resolutions. This enables you to create images for screens with higher resolution than your own as well as create print-ready files.
- In exported files, the OpenCities Planner interface is removed creating a ‘clean scene’.
- You can choose from PNG or JPG format, tailoring the format for your needs.
Open & Options
You will find the Export Screenshot tool in the ‘Export Group’ in the Top Bar:
The Export Screenshot Window is quite simple. You’ll find two options:
- Resolution – This is a simple multiplier. You can double or quadruple the exported file’s pixel count here.
- Image Format – Choose between PNG and JPG. Not sure? Stick with the default PNG or read about the difference here.
Note: The exported file dimensions are determined by the browser viewport, so resize the browser to the specific dimensions you require.
Task: Create a full screen 4X screenshot for print.
How’d you do? Compare to our example: